The LVN provides support for psychiatric services under the supervision of the RN in the clinic. The LVN reports directly to the Center Director for daily work. This LVN should possess a positive attitude, a caring spirit and be able to work within a multidisciplinary team. This position supports the prescribing Physicians and NP’s, is responsible for obtaining vital signs, weight, height, BMI, recording information in the electronic medical record, obtaining discharge records and authorizations to disclose, checking medication in and out of the medication room, staging medication consents and obtaining medication authorizations to ensure no lapse in prescriptions. This position will also provide education on nutrition, medications, diagnosis and other health related concerns under the supervision of the RN, give injections, perform venipuncture, administer urine drug screens, pregnancy tests and perform genetic testing swabs. The position is also responsible for adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- At least two-years of experience working as an LVN-
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License
- At least two years of experience providing behavioral health services in any of the following settings;
- Outpatient, Inpatient, Residential Care or Clinic
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or ASL.
|Closing Date||Open until filled|