This position performs responsible professional nursing work or professional administrative nursing work in both clinic and field settings. This position is also responsible for the care and treatment of clients in accordance with accepted professional, legal and ethical nursing standards. Primary responsibilities include medication monitoring and administration, client assessments, laboratory collections and interpretation of results, client and family education regarding medications, mental illness and mental health.
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
with at least 3 years recent nursing experience.
2. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
3. Ability to demonstrate understanding and support of agency policies, legal considerations and professional
4. Pass a standard State and Federal background check
5. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS office applications. Able to type at least 40
words per minute.
6. Current CPR certification
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills
8. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
1. BSN preferred
2. ANCC Psychiatric/Mental Health Certification
3. Experience in a psychiatric acute treatment unit, psychiatric home care, or psychiatric outpatient clinic
4. Case Management experience.
5. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, DME regulations, JCAHO, DHS, local state and federal
6. Bilingual-Spanish and or ASL
|Closing Date||Open until filled|