The person in this position is responsible for the delivery of Intensive case management services to people (children and/or adults) with severe and persistent mental illnesses, as defined by the state authority. This position primarily provides uniform assessments required by the state authority and the Center, collaborates with individuals served to develop person-centered recovery plans, and provides rehabilitation skills-training, intensive case management, crisis interventions and documentation of services delivered in accordance with individual need and Medicaid standards. The person in this position required an aptitude for working with people who have diagnoses of bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder as well as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and other psychotic disorders; this position also requires knowledge of psychotherapeutic mediations as well as evidence-based practices and contraindications in the promotion of recovery for individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses. This position requires knowledge and skills in assessment, collaborative person-centered recovery, differential diagnosis as well as wellness and recover-oriented systems of care. Skills-training and support should occur 85% in vivo, or in the community; the other 15% should occur in the Center and/or affiliated clinics.
|Credentials||Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a social, behavioral, or human service field. Knowledge of mental illness as defined in the DSM-IV/V is required. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.|
Preferred Qualifications: One year of experience in mental health assessment and/or crisis intervention and screening; Master’s degree in psychology, social work or a related human service field. Bilingual preferred- Spanish and ASL.
|Salary Amount||$17.13 - $19.13/hr|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|