The Medical Assistant (MA) provides support for psychiatric services under the supervision of the RN on the unit. The MA reports directly to the Crisis Respite RN for daily work. This MA should possess a positive attitude, a caring spirit and be able to work within a multidisciplinary team. This position supports the Williamson County Crisis Team and is responsible for the following duties: obtaining vital signs, weight, height, BMI, recording information in the electronic medical record, obtaining discharge records and authorizations to disclose, checking medication in and out of the medication room, staging medication consents and obtaining medication authorizations to ensure no lapse in prescriptions. The MA will give injections, perform venipuncture, administer urine drug screens, pregnancy tests and perform genetic testing swabs. This position is also responsible for maintaining records/completing assessments regarding consumer financial information and third party billing information, Medicaid eligibility and patient assistance programs. The MA will adhere to agency policies and procedures.
- Graduated from an approved school for Medical Assistants
- National Certification for Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License
- Preferred Associates degree.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or ASL
- Two years of experience in any of the following settings:
- Outpatient, Inpatient, Residential Care, Clinic
|Closing Date||Open until filled|