RN performs responsible professional nursing duties as assigned for a 10-bed respite facility for intellectual developmental disability and behavioral health. Responsibilities include medication monitoring, education and administration, providing RN delegation and staff training, consumer assessments and treatment planning; communication with all medical treatment providers on behalf of consumers as needed, education of staff and primary care givers regarding mental health, mental illness, developmental disability and health care and/or health related special needs. Responsible for the care and treatment of clients in accordance with accepted professional, legal and ethical nursing standards. Primary responsibilities include medication monitoring and administration, client assessments, laboratory collections and interpretation of results, client and family education regarding medications, mental illness and mental health. In addition, this position will provide coverage to the Extended Observation Unit serving consumers in Crisis in a voluntary and involuntary setting within BTCS integrated unit in the local hospital setting. Must be willing to work variable shifts and provide support to Licensed Vocational Nurse.
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas with at least 1 year recent nursing experience.
2. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
3. Pass a standard State and Federal background check
4. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS office applications.
5. Current CPR certification
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred BSN with at least one year working in the field of behavioral health and /or intellectual developmental disability.
|Closing Date||Open until filled|