PRN RN performs responsible professional nursing for a 6 bed Crisis Unit for Behavioral Health and IDD clients in a voluntary and involuntary setting during the night shift, 7pm-7am. Responsibilities include medication monitoring, education and administration, providing RN delegation and staff training, client assessments and treatment planning; communication with all medical treatment providers on behalf of the clients as needed, education of staff regarding mental health, mental illness, developmental disability and health care and/or health related special needs. This RN is responsible for the care and treatment of clients in accordance with accepted professional, legal and ethical nursing standards. Primary responsibilities include medication monitoring and administration, client assessments, laboratory collections and interpretation of results, client and family education regarding medications, mental illness and mental health.
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
with at least 3 years recent nursing experience.
2. Ability to assess individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.
3. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
4. Ability to demonstrate understanding and support of agency policies, legal considerations and professional
5. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS office applications.
6 Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
1. BSN preferred
2. ANCC Psychiatric/Mental Health Certification
3. Experience using withdrawal scales, such as Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol (CIWA)
3. Experience in a psychiatric acute treatment unit, psychiatric home care, and/or psychiatric outpatient clinic.
4. Case Management experience.
5. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, DME regulations, JCAHO, DHS, local state and federal
6. Bilingual-Spanish and or ASL
|Closing Date||Open until filled|