This position performs professional nursing work and professional administrative nursing work at a 4-bed Residential Detox Unit. This position is responsible for the care and treatment of clients in accordance with accepted professional, legal and ethical nursing standards. Primary responsibilities include medication monitoring, client assessments, laboratory collections and interpretation of results, client and family education regarding medication, mental health, addiction and recovery. The RN will adhere to agency policies and procedures.
|City||Georgetown, Round Rock|
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas with at least 3 years recent nursing experience.
2. Ability to assess individuals experiencing substance use problems
3. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
4. Ability to demonstrate understanding and support of agency policies, legal considerations and professional ethics.
5. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS office applications.
6 Excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
2. ANCC Psychiatric/Mental Health Certification or CARN Certification
3. Experience working with a Substance Use Program, including use of withdrawal scales, such as Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment for Alcohol (CIWA) and Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS)
3. Experience in a psychiatric acute treatment unit, psychiatric home care, psychiatric outpatient clinic, emergency room and/or outpatient opiate treatment center
4. Case Management experience
|Closing Date||Open until filled|