The LVN provides support for psychiatric services in an outpatient clinic. The LVN reports to the Director of Nursing for clinical matters and to the Center Director for administrative matters. This LVN will also have oversight and supervision by the RN in the clinic. The LVN should possess a positive attitude, a caring spirit and be able to work within a multidisciplinary team. This position supports the prescribing Physicians and NP’s, is responsible for obtaining vital signs, weight, height, BMI, recording information in the electronic medical record, obtaining discharge records and authorizations to disclose, checking medication in and out of the medication room, staging medication consents and obtaining medication authorizations to ensure no lapse in prescriptions. This position will also provide education on nutrition, medications, diagnosis and other health related concerns, give injections, perform venipuncture, administer urine drug screens, pregnancy tests and perform genetic testing swabs. The position is also responsible for adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Vocational Nurse
- Two years experience working as an LVN
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License
- At least two years of experience providing behavioral health services in any of the following settings; Outpatient, Inpatient, Residential, or Clinic
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or ASL.
|Salary Amount||$18.20 to 18.70/hr|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|