YES (Youth Empowerment Services) Waiver
What is the YES Waiver?
The Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Waiver is a 1915(c) Medicaid Home and
Community-Based Services Waiver that allows for more flexibility in the funding of intensive
community-based services to assist children and adolescents with serious emotional
disturbances to live in the community with their families.
Waiver services are provided in combination with services available through the Medicaid
State Plan, other federal, state, and local programs the individual may qualify for, and the
natural supports that families and communities provide.
Service Areas:Bluebonnet Trails offers YES Waiver services in Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Lee, and Williamson Counties. Telephone Number:
Please call the phone number listed below to find out more about services in your area.
- Reducing out-of-home placements and inpatient psychiatric treatment by all child-serving agencies;
- Providing a more complete continuum of community-based services and supports;
- Ensuring families have access to parent partners and other flexible non-traditional support services as identified in a family-centered planning process;
- Preventing entry into the foster care system and relinquishment of parental custody; and improving the clinical and functional outcomes of children and adolescents.
Who is Eligible for YES Waiver Services?
To participate in the YES Waiver, the child or adolescent must meet the following criteria.
- Be between 3-18 years of age;
- Reside in a county in which YES Waiver services are available
- Reside in a non-institutional setting with the child’s or adolescent’s Legally Authorized Representative; or in the child’s or adolescent’s own home or apartment, if legally emancipated.
- Have serious functional impairment or acute severe psychiatric symptoms as indicated by:
- Risk of Self-Harm
- Disruptive or Aggressive Behavior
- Lack of Family Resources
- School Behavior
- Current Psychiatric Diagnosis
- There is a reasonable expectation that, without YES Waiver services, the child or adolescent would qualify for inpatient care.
To view our Youth Empowerment Services brochure click below: