This position performs responsible professional nursing work or professional administrative nursing work within a 10 bed Crisis Respite Unit, which supports persons with Mental Health, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Substance Use challenges. This position is responsible for the care and treatment of individuals in accordance with accepted professional, legal and ethical nursing standards. Primary responsibilities include medication monitoring, assistance with administration and delegation of medication administration, client assessments, laboratory collections and interpretation of results, individual and family education regarding medications, mental illness, substance use or developmental disabilities. The primary function of this RN or LVN is for clinical supervision and oversight of the unit and direct care to individuals in services. This position may include a flexible schedule, but typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse or a Vocational Nurse
in the state of Texas with at least 2 years recent nursing experience.
2. Ability to assess and care for individuals with mental health or developmental disability needs
3. Ability to work collaboratively and be part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
4. Ability to demonstrate understanding and support of agency policies, legal considerations and professional
5. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows program.
6. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
1. RN or BSN
2. ANCC Psychiatric/Mental Health Certification
3. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or mental health disorders
3. Experience in a psychiatric inpatient unit, psychiatric outpatient clinic and or a group home setting
4. Case Management experience.
|Salary Amount||$to be determined/hr|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|