Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Wait times are currently higher than normal. More COVID-19 information.
BTCS COVID-19 Resources
We are pleased to announce that Bluebonnet Trails Community Services is offering Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) training and Psychological First Aid (PFA) training!
Skills for Psychological Recovery is an evidence-informed approach to help individuals in the weeks and months following disaster and trauma, when more intensive intervention than Psychological First Aid is needed. This culturally-informed, skills-training intervention is designed to accelerate recovery and increase self-efficacy for disaster and trauma survivors of all ages.
Psychological First Aid is an evidence-informed modular approach to help children, adolescents, adults, and families in the immediate aftermath of disaster. Psychological First Aid is designed to reduce the initial distress caused by traumatic events and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning and coping.
Please visit our Facebook page HERE for training information and times.
Please note that Certificates of Completion will be offered to Social Workers and LPCs upon request.
- Access the Skills for Psychological Recovery Training Documents HERE!
- Psychological First Aid (PFA) during COVID-19 Response Manual
- Please complete the Training Evaluation Form after completing the training.
- Please click here to download Lifesize instructions
Community Resources and Tips
• Resources for Children and Families During COVID-19
– Mobil COVID-19 Testing Sites
– Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being during COVID-19
– Talking to Children about COVID-19
– Talking with Children about Infectious Disease
– Family Entertainment: Virtual Field Trips
– Farm Fresh Veggies in Elgin Area
– Autism Services Covid 19 Bulletin English
– Autism Services Covid 19 Bulletin Spanish (Español)
– Resources for Families with Young Children
– Child Care Options for Texas Frontline Workers
– Child Traumatic Stress Network COVID-19 Resources
• Mental Health Resources During COVID-19
– Protecting Your Mental Health during COVID-19
– Self-Care during Social Distancing
– Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During Social Distancing
– 24/7 COVID-19 Support Line Information English
– 24/7 COVID-19 Support Line Information Spanish
• Substance Use Recovery During COVID-19
– Online Recovery Support Groups Zoom 2020
• NAMI Online Classes and Support Groups during COVID-19
– Families Together: a 3-week class covering mental health topics for anyone with a loved one living with a mental health condition is now available
– Stories and Strategies: a 4-session workshop series for anyone who lives with a mental health condition
– NAMI Basics On-Demand: Parents and caregivers can register here for this self-paced online class.
– Mind Matters: bi-monthly webinars on a variety of mental health topics featuring subject matter experts. You can find the topics, dates, and registration here. All webinar recordings are available on our website for sharing.
– Support Groups— Registration is required and space is limited.
o NAMI Connection: for adults living with mental health conditions
o Family Support Group: for family members, partners and parents of someone living with a mental health condition
Resources for First Responders During COVID-19
– Public Safety Personnel Resilience During a Pandemic
– First Responders and Disaster Responders Resource Portal
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Updates
• COVID-19 Facts and Prevention
– What You Need to Know about Coronavirus
• Local and State COVID-19 Updates
– Texas Receives Approval for SNAP Online Grocery Purchases
– Mobil COVID-19 Testing Sites
– Economic Impact Payment Guide
– Portal Video Calling Devices for Veterans
– Texas Medical Board Press Release
– COVID-19 Updates from The White House
– Williamson County and Cities Health District Response
– Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services FAQ
– Paycheck Protection Information
– HHSC Issues COVID-19 FAQs to HCS and TxHmL Providers
HHSC is providing Home and Community-based Services and
Texas Home Living providers with regularly updated Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19.
COVID-19 Resources for Educators and Schools
– COVID-19 Resource Page for Educators
– Virtual Crisis Planning Toolkit from Dr. Benavidez, Counselor Specialist at Region 11
* Crisis Counseling Team Schedule Sample
– Resources for Early Childhood Educators
BTCS Community Resources and Tips
• Bluebonnet Employee Resources during COVID-19
– Supportive Practices for Mental Health Professionals
– Telehealth Coverage Policies
– The Do’s and Don’ts of Working from Home
– COVID-19 Training Updates: attached training updates
– Free Fitness Apps for Healthcare Workers
– Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFRCA)
– Cultural Awareness When Working in Indian Country Post Disaster
1009 North Georgetown Street
Round Rock, Texas 78664
Bluebonnet Trails Community Services as a recipient of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grant dollars either directly from FTA or through the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), will comply with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d), the U.S. Department of Transportation implementing regulations, FTA Circular 4702.lB, and TxDOT PTN requirements as specified in Master Grant Agreement, and State Management Plan. Our Title VI Plan can be viewed here: BBT - Title VI Plan - Sep 2020 - 2023